Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My thank yous,my excitement.. my reasons for doing this.

FIVE FREAKIN DAYS!!!!!

just so everyone knows and is aware... and for all of you who are probably sick of seeing my status updates featuring a countdown.. SUCK IT.  i'm friggin stoked and i'm making sure EVERYONE on earth knows I am having my GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY IN FIVE FREAKIN DAYS.

So thats my excitement part of the entry.

Next... my thank yous.  I already did a fb note and tagged everyone, but I also want to thank my blog followers and blog friends.  So I'm just copy and pasting what I had already wrote...

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have been so unbelievably supportive of me through my decisions and all my crap leading up to my gastric bypass, which will be taking place on May 16th.

All the outpourings of "congratulations", and "OMG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU" and all things along those lines... mean the world to me.  I am on an online forum of people who have written posts  about how awful their friends have been and how they're family members have said hurtful things and almost wishing failure upon them.

Everyone has been so incredible and I am so grateful that I have all of you rooting for me and that you all realize I'm doing this for my health and well being.

I don't mean to get all sappy and shit but it really means a  lot to me and I'm so excited to have this surgery knowing I have an incredible support system that goes from new york to ohio to arizona and beyond. But I really can't express how much I really truly appreciate all the support and everything <3


... Now onto my reasons for doing this... 

I get a lot of this question... and last night at my first support group meeting.. I had to express why I wanted to do this. I have 5 top reasons... some are out of vanity, and some are petty...  so judge all you want.. but its the honest truth.

1- My career--- I want to be a nurse and eventually work with Doctors without Borders or the American Red Cross and travel the world and help those less fortunate. I cannot do that at 300 pounds.

2- I do not.... DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT... want to end up like my parents.  just plain and simple.  I don't want to struggle the rest of my life being fat. 

3- I'm sick of the fat.  I'm just sick of it.  Between having to shop at special stores... and buy more expensive clothes just because I'm fat.

4- I want a really sick tattoo on my side going from right under my tits to my mid thigh and have it wrap half way around my back... and I just can't do that fat.

5- I used to be friends with this one girl... she used to be one of my best friends... and she told my other best friend "If Katie was thin, I couldn't be friends with her because she'd be too pretty and compete with me for the guys"... So I really at this point, even though we're no longer friends (for different reasons, not related to my surgery... she's just a shithead) ... I really want to be able to give her a big FUCK YOU.



FIVE FREAKIN DAYS :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Good reasons! Seriously write them down or post a long list on here... and keep them. Your going to have days you wonder what or why you did it? Refer to the list. I would do it again in a wart bat. Be ready for change!

    ReplyDelete