Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What my body can do...

So.  After my last post... we all know how we feel about my body.  Love to hate, hate to love.  You get the gist.

Well.  What I'm trying to do now is make some cognitive changes.  By that I mean, I'm attempting to change my thought process regarding my body.

Instead of focusing on *what my body looks like*... I want to focus on what my body *CAN DO*

This is what I've got so far:
I can ride a bike.  Actually.. I rode that bike for almost 15 miles this past Sunday.  Tom and I are planning to do the 5 Borough Bike Tour which is about 40 miles.  Thats on May 6th.

I can run a mile 13:07.  Thats what I did today.   Last March I posted on my blog that on my second fitness test at my gym I ran the mile in about 16:06.

(Confession time:  I did have that time on the tredmill.. however...  I didn't run the whole thing.  I did put my feet up on the side for quite a bit and just let the machine go...  so... yeah.)

I have a running goal:  One 5k every month starting in April until November ( i figure I'll do the turkey trot... it sounds fun)



My body can also do push ups.  25.  Like real push ups.  Back straight, ass down, up and down.  (my forearms even have MUSCLE DEFINITION!!! holy crap!)

My body is pretty awesome at yoga poses.  And balancing.  And the flexible stuff.





My body is pretty awesome. And I have to tell myself that... because...


http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/239324167668065824_rz7JTSiK_b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment