Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day four

B: 3/4 cup of Special K fruit and yogurt cereal with 1/4 cup 1% milk
S: grapes
L: lettuce, 2 oz turkey, 1 tbs of mozz. cheese, with mustard on 1/2 of a red pepper and onion flat wrap (only 12 net carbs)
S: Protein shake
D: Modified Glop in a Pot (see recipe below)

modified glop in a pot:
1 lb ground turkey
1 bag of frozen Steam fresh mixed veggies (fresh is also fine, steam fresh just makes things easier)
1/2 veggie broth

In a deep frying pan, slightly brown the turkey with a mix of seasonings (I used Mrs. Dash salt free tomato,garlic and basil mix, pepper,onion powder and garlic powder, then add 1/2 cup veggie broth. Cover and leave on low/med heat.  Prepare veggies (microwave if its the steam fresh, chop and cut up if fresh)  Add veggies and stir. Cover until broth is ALMOST completely evaporated while occasionally stirring.  

Simple and easy right? and delicious. Very filling too.  And when I say ALMOST completely gone, I had just enough broth to barely cover the bottom of the pan.  It definitely gave the turkey and veggies great flavor and kept it super moist.


and i call it modified glop in a pot, because regular glop in a pot is whats above, minus the veggie broth, but adding like 2 lbs of cheese, and risotto to it. This was even better (in my opinion) and just as, if not more filling.

So today, once again, we were pounded with snow.  Well, I guess technically last night we were, but I woke up to about a good 11-12 inches this morning.  Got up at 630am, called school (actually hoping for a snow day because I really want to clean my room) .. nope, 2 hour delay, classes were starting at 11am.  Awesome.  So i tried to go back to sleep and that wasn't happening, so I watched Boy meets world and then figured I should probably start shoveling.

OOOOHHHH shoveling.  I started out by myself at 8. I cleared off the porch, and made a path to mommy vivian's car and my own.  And then I started to shovel behind my car, in order to get out.  Yeah.  The plow guy apparently decided my driveway was a great place to put like all the snow, so there was a good 2 feet, if not more of packed snow at the end of my driveway.  I had already been going for about a half hour, so I tried attacking that mound.  Yeah. I forgot how heavy snow can be.  I also forgot how taxing and exhausting shoveling is.  So I went back inside and said eff it, i'm just not going to school.

Then mommy vivian came down and offered to help, so me, mommy vivian and baby went out into the snow.  it took the 3 of us about another 45 minutes to shovel and clean off the cars.
That was my morning workout, apparently.


Then i went to school. Nothing happened. Like at all.  Barely anyone was there. I didn't even do work. I played around on the internet and on the OH forums.

Then I had my team extreme.  I'm really starting to love that place. Its just fantastic.  The hour goes by so quickly, and I sweat so much. I know, gross, but I just love being there.  Tyrome and Ralph are both fantastic.  Today I just worked with Tyrome because he was the only one there.  I did my usual 1 mile on the elliptical, which I shaved a minute and a half off my time from monday.  Go me. lol.

I love the way that they train also.  I'm not "lifting weights". They use resistance bands, medicine balls, the rope thingy, the weight bars... all of those to combine toning and cardio. They remind me of the way Kelly used to train me (HI RIIIIICCCHHHARRRDDD <3) Plus tomorrow ends my free week,  but I dont get paid till the 6th, so I talked to Tyrome and told him because I dont want to stop, because if I stop, then I wont go back... and he told me no problem, not to worry about it.  That makes me super stoked that he's going to let me pay later and keep working out through next week. 

Like everything else in the world, the first two weeks are the hardest. My body is aching, I'm feeling muscles I've never felt before, and I'm still having that "still hungry" feeling even though I ate a sufficient amount.  BUT... just like the caffeine headaches have begun to dissipate... all of this will as well.

I think after my next weigh in with Dr. Klonsky I'm going to reward myself with one of the Team Extreme Sweatshirts.  they look so comfy <3

Till tomorrow-
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Oh look! Prehistoric forest....Glad to hear training is going so well! :)

    ReplyDelete