Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mock interview and cardiology exam

So today was my mock interview at school :)  it went really well... I was super excited about everything. It was a great learning experience and it was really helpful.

I'm so excited that next week is the last week of my classroom classes, and then I get my externship site :)  I'm really looking forward to finding out where I'm going to be for the next (and last) 160 hours of my education :) :)

Also, the nearing of my externship means the sooner I'm on the table for my gastric bypass (in theory anyway)  I'm hoping to finish up my externship, then get my RNY... use those recovery days for studying and preparing for my exams... and then take the NCCTs and/or the RMA's so I can be completely certified and then start my job hunt by June.  If I don't get offered a position at my extern site.  Which, would be nice, and I would tell them I'd start as soon as possible, but they would have to give me at least two weeks for my surgery.  2 weeks top. at least.

So yesterday was my appointment with the cardiologist.  He first asked me a bunch of questions, and then I got an EKG which he said was impeccable (woohoo, my heart beats fantastically) <3  woohoo.   He said he sends all his patients needing bariatric clearance for a stress test and echocardiogram but my insurance doesn't allow the stress test to be done at his office so now he wants me to go for a stress echocardiogram but I have to wait for them to get back to me about scheduling that. 

One of my favorite things about all of this, is having all the doctors telling I'm perfectly healthy.  The only thing "wrong" with me is that my blood pressure is borderline high.  It usually runs 130/90... average is 120/80 ... but the normal range is from 90/70-130/90.  So i'm on the high side of normal. 

Friday I see the gastro doctor to get everything set up for my under endoscopy that will need to be done.  Hoepfully I can get that done some time in the end of march, or early april.   Or even after my externship.

I'd like to try and not have to take days off from my externship.  With all these doctors appointments coming up though... its ridiculous. 

Such is life.  I signed up for this and I'm okay with it.   I might as well have all these doctor appointments now to prevent all these doctor appointments, plus 8 million more for all the problems that my obesity will cause. 

Anyways.  thats about it for now :)

Till next time

-- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment