Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 13 and 14-- Blogging in class again ;x

Days 13 and 14


Day 13: Saturday

B: 1 hard boiled egg, ½ cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt

S: ½ cup of greek yogurt (serving size is 1 cup.. but it takes me FOREVER to eat it because its so filling)

L: Turkey Roll ups -3 oz turkey with 1 lite babybel cheese

S: Protein shake

D: Turkey Roll ups again (I was babysitting and I didn’t feel like cooking)



This was one of those days I realized how boring I am sometimes. LOL I went to boot camp, came home, did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen a little… then I went babysitting, and was asleep by 10:15. On a Saturday night. Regardless… I was exhausted that day and sleep was fantastic. I was lacking sleep from Thursday into Friday, and then Friday into Saturday… So sleep was gooooood.

Joanna and I decided to not go dancing Friday night because it was just tooooo cold. So I made dinner for us and then we sat on her uber comfy couch, under blankets, and watched The Last Song. Talk about a movie that makes you want to rip your heart out. Oy. It was a good night spent with my bestest friend <3



Day 14: Sunday

B: 2 hard boiled eggs

S: Protein shake

L: Tomatoes slices and Edamame with ¼ cup of Ricotta Cheese

S: Olives (a few black and a few green)

D: 3 oz chicken (seasoned) with 1 mozzarella string cheese and tomato slices



Apparently, yesterday was a tomato day. They were delicious. I like them just sliced on a plate with a little bit of garlic powder on them. I love tomatoes. Even as a kid… I would ask my mom to make me a tomato sandwich—tomatoes on toast with a little bit of mayo. So good.



I had a FANTASTIC work out yesterday. I worked out so hard, the sweat dripping down was gross… but I felt my body working. I felt how hard I was working. It was great. Tyrome and James were both really impressed on how hard I’ve been working and what an improvement I’ve made two weeks in. Its really nice to hear it. I can feel the changes … I can feel the muscle memory kicking in and my body can be pushed just a bit farther each day, and I like it. Does it suck when my muscles are really sore and I can barely walk? Absolutely. Does it suck when I can’t lift my arms above my head because they hurt so much…? Yes. But it’s totally worth it at this point.

________________________________________________________

This surgery will mean more than anything to me at this stage in my life. It will mean my future; to continue living and live my life to the fullest without this extra 200 pound body suit on my body. Sometimes it astounds me how I let myself get THIS far. Sometimes I really wish I had the discipline I have now, 15 years ago. But I didn’t so I’m making the best of the hand that I was dealt with. I know I can’t just change 22 years of poor eating habits and emotional eating and a bad “food environment” (i.e my parents) overnight. I know that the RNY will not be my “quick fix”. I know I could die on the table. I know all of this. Is that scary as hell? No shit Sherlock. But living my life as an obese person is just as scary, if not scarier.



I’ve come to terms with the death thing… and I’m extremely confident in my choice and I’ve educated myself on all of the good, the bad and the ugly. I know its going to be hard. I know it’s going to be the most radical change I’ve ever put myself or my body through… BUT… I know it’s for the best. I know I’m making the right decision. And I am so unbelievably excited for it. I’d rather die trying to change my life… than continue slowly killing myself with fried foods and Oreos. (Granted… those are delicious… but I’ve been making better and more delicious foods that are good for you too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment